Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Rick Riordan Bio and Lightning Thief Book Review

Our Greek Mythology unit is smoothly progressing! Of all of the units we have done this year, my students are more engaged with this text than them all. I have been so blown away by The Lightning Thief that I looked into more books that Rick Riordan has written, and loved his writing style! As I began to read more about him, I found the back story of how he began writing for children fascinating. His son's love for Greek Mythology and desire to hear a fresh new bedtime story inspired Riordan to invent this first story line! Attached is a biographical presentation about Rick Riordan - the last slide includes a vodcast book review of The Lightning Thief.

Rick Riordan Bio and Lightning Thief Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment